Sun Salutations Workshop – 4 Week Course
Surya Namaskar, or Sun Salutations, is a series of postures that warms, strengthens, and aligns the entire body.
The traditional Surya Namaskara sequence has been handed down from the enlighted sages of the vedic age. The sun symbolizes spiritual consciousness and in ancient times was worshipped on a daily basis.
In yoga, the sun is represented by the pingala or surya nadi, the pranic channel which carried the vital, life-giving energy.
Understanding and practicing sun salutations regularly has been proven to significantly increase our energy and overall quality of our health. The application of this form and rhythm to the body-mind complex generates the transforming force which produces a fuller and more dynamic life.
In this course, you will learn:
– How to practice sun salutations to increase health, strength and flexibility
– How to receive energy through solar channels in the body
– How to use solar energy and practice of sun salutations to increase balance and quality of life
– Importance of solar (sun) pranic system in human body
– Introduction to rythmic flow of sun salutations
– Correct alignment according to nature of individual body
– Incorporating other postures into your sun salutation sequence
– Mantras – how to use sound with sun salutation movements to increase power of pranic flow
– Sound therapy (healing through sound)
– Meditating with sun salutations
– Regulating emotions through memory and feeling
– Understanding the nature of ego and how to use to strengthen your yoga practice
Upon registration in this course, you will also be provided with reading material to study before commencing your training. This can be referred to before, during and after the course to deepen your studies.
The course will be guided by Ama Aghora. Ama comes from Sri Lanka, and has over 20 years of yoga teaching experience. He was trained in Hatha Yoga at the Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centre in India. He also holds a PhD in Alternative Medicine and a Bachelor Degree in Naturopathy and Yogic Science. He is the owner and head teacher at Yoga Life and resides in Warragul with his family.
Teil Clark will be assisting with the course. She has completed her 350 Hour Hatha Yoga training at Yoga Life and now teaches Hatha and Yin Yoga at the Yoga Life studio in Warragul.
Date: Saturday November 9th – November 30th
Time: 3pm – 5pm
Cost: Members – $250; Non-members – $300
More info: 0411 281 487 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Saturday @ 03:00 pm - 05:00 pm
- Start:Nov 09 @ 03:00 pm
- End:Nov 30 @ 05:00 pm
Caitlin Harvey (Yoga Life Warragul)
Yoga Life Warragul
Level 1, 5-9 Victoria St
Warragul, Victoria 3820 Australia
- Phone:0411 281 487